Forum.DConan.de - Detektiv Conan Forum

· Home · Impressum & Datenschutz · Suche

Seiten mit Postings: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

zum Seitenende

Forum Index —› Off-Topic —› [English-Thread 1] topic: GB, America, Australia

Autor Mitteilung
Mbobo
Hyperdetektiv

Gesendet: 21:39 - 19.01.2008

@shiori: maybe well read brave new world in the 13th grade. i dont want to T.T i heard the book isnt
good. did you like the book? fortunately there are vocabs in the reclam version xD but the book is one of
these bigger books of reclam >.> i hate reading especially in english i prefer watching films or series in english even if i dont understand everything...
Shiori
Meisterdetektiv

Gesendet: 22:16 - 19.01.2008

@mbobo: XDD here we go again :D
Well, I didn't like the end of the story. We read an extract from Brave New World at the end of year 10, and I thought that the beginning sounded interesting. Therefore, I decided to read the whole book on my own. Thinking about it now, it was a stupid idea. But on the other hand, I'm glad I did it (I'm fully aware that this is a strange answer XD).
In the version I read, there weren't any word explanations.. I had to look some words up in my dictionary. You know, at a certain point, I didn't want to keep searching words in the dictionary, so I just quit it and continued reading.. and I even understood the book *being proud*
Mbobo
Hyperdetektiv

Gesendet: 22:22 - 19.01.2008

@shiori: i had an addiction xD i had to look up every word i didnt know but nows its gone. im normal
again xD we read also an extract in a klausur. i liked it too but it seems that only the extract is good xD
we read this one when savage left the society and we had to compare it with the book "the giver" had you the same extract?
Shiori
Meisterdetektiv

Gesendet: 22:32 - 19.01.2008

@mbobo: I have never heard of the book The Giver before XDD
That's at the end of the book. We read the first pages.
Otherwhise, I probably would've put the book away because I didn't understand so many words..
I mean, who knows technical words? I certainly don't =)

I think the book is ok, but some parts could've been left away.
Mbobo
Hyperdetektiv

Gesendet: 22:36 - 19.01.2008

@shiori: the giver is a good book i think but the end is shit xD i would advise you to read the book and
when i say such things like a "good" book they are really true xD its one of the best books we read a
school.
Shiori
Meisterdetektiv

Gesendet: 22:41 - 19.01.2008

@mbobo: Who's the author of the book?
That's true, if you say, something is good, it usually is good =)
At least concerning Mangas and Animes XD
Whether or not books are included will I see when I read the giver...
Mbobo
Hyperdetektiv

Gesendet: 22:45 - 19.01.2008

@shiori: thanks xD but i wouldnt say that its the beeest book its ok so do not expect too much xD i
forgot the author but i look at amazon>.> ....lois lowry thats what i thought but i wasnt sure. it costs
almost 10€ >.> i would buy 2 mangas instead of the giver x
BlackStar
Meisterdetektiv

Gesendet: 14:33 - 20.01.2008

@ mbobo and shiori ... ah mbobo read the "giver" in school ?! one of the other english classes in my grade read it aswell ... but they were not verry fond of it xD ...
my class had to read "the catcher in the rye" ... this bok is actually well ... good xD ... but the hero 'holden' ... he is so annoying ... he totaly goes on your nerves ^^" and you actually do not want to go on reading >_>
the other english classes read books aswell ... but i am not sure which ...
one or two classes read "dear nobody" ... even the boys liked it ^^
one or two other classes read "dead poets society" ... of the stuff i heard ... the students would have liked another book instead of "dead poets society" ^^'
and one class read "the war betwen the classes" ... but actually some of those students read it last year ... when we were in tenth grade xD ... we had to read it ... and when the new english teacher asked what they wanted to read this year ... the choose "the war betwen the classes" ... i liked this book ... because it was very interesting and showed students behavier towards social classes ...
Shiori
Meisterdetektiv

Gesendet: 14:41 - 20.01.2008

@blackstar: really? Well, mbobo and I sometimes have a different opinion from other people, so don't be surprised about our conversation ^^"
Am I right in thinking that "Dead poets society" is called "Der Club der toten Dichter" in German?
If yes, I had to read this book in German in Year 8...but I actually liked it *g*
I've never heard of the other books before, so I know nothing about them.
Last year, two courses from my year had to read "About A Boy", but mine didn't.
Later, I read it in German, and I have to say, I like it as well =)
BlackStar
Meisterdetektiv

Gesendet: 14:54 - 20.01.2008

@ shiori ... okay i woun't wonder about your conversation xD
i actually didn't know if there where any german translations except of "the catcher in the rye" ^^" ...
and i have to say ... that most students in my grade are not that interested in english literature xD ... i know quite a lot of english books ... because my cousins always tell me to read this or that book ^^ ... they live in malaysia so its normal for me to read english ^^"

Seiten mit Postings: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

- [English-Thread 1] topic: GB, America, Australia -

zum Seitenanfang

Forum Index —› Off-Topic —› [English-Thread 1] topic: GB, America, Australia

Version 3.1 | Load: 0.006100 | S: 1_4